MWOS is an occupancy sensor switch, which controls the lighting of a room, depending upon the presence and absence of people in it. This product is a combination of two advanced technologies – Passive Infrared (PIR) and Ultrasonic. These technologies are used to determine the presence of people in a room, and turn the lights ON or OFF accordingly.
Use in Various Application Areas
The sensor switch helps save a lot of energy by switching OFF the lights, whenever there’s no one, or no activity in a room. This makes them highly suitable for a wide range of application areas, which include conference rooms, small rooms, private and executive offices, closets, classrooms, and several other areas, where there is a high or low motion.
Many Time Delay Options
This is yet another great feature of the MWOS dual technology occupancy sensor switch. You can choose from various time delay options, which you can set for these sensor switches. If no activity is detected in the set time delay, then the sensor switch will automatically turn of the load. The time delay options include 15sec. (TEST), 1min., 5min., 10min., 15min., 20min., 25min., and 30min.
Options for Trigger Modes
Apart from the time delay, you can also adjust the trigger modes as per the requirement. The different trigger modes include:
- PIR / Ultrasonic
- Only PIR
- Only Ultrasonic
- Both PIR & Ultrasonic
This sensor switch works with the help of a dual technology. The ultrasonic technology has a coverage of 400 sq. ft., whereas the PIR technology has a total coverage of 1200 sq. ft. The dual technology sensor is capable of sensing even the finest motions, such as phone call, typing on a keyboard, and movement of a computer mouse.
- Operation Temperature: 32 °F - 131°F
- Switch Type: Sensor
- Ultrasonic Adjustment: Minimum to Maximum (trimpot)
- Adjustment Time Delay: 5 Seconds to 30 Minutes
- PIR Adjustment: High or Low (DIP switch)
- Light Level Adjustment: 100 Lux - daylight (trimpot)
- Load Requirements:
- Resistive: 800W-120VAC, 50/60Hz
- Incandescent: 800W-120VAC, 50/60Hz
- Fluorescent: 800VA-120VAC, 1600VA-277VAC, 50/60Hz
- Motor: 1/4HP-120VAC, 50/60Hz
- Voltage: 120/277VAC, 50/60Hz
- Walk-Through Mode: 3 minutes if no activity after 30 sec.
- Horsepower: 0.25 horsepower
- Certifications: UL Listed
- Installation Type: In-wall Wiring
What’s in the Box?
You get the following things in the package:
- 1 x MWOS Motion Sensor
- Mounting Screws
- Installation Instructions